Proud to have been nominated twice for a Liebster Award – thank you nerdywordybirdy and kritsayvonne! I’ve never been much of a rule breaker, but I’m going to have to bend them for this. I enjoyed spending the time answering the questions, but I’m not even going to be able to even attempt the second half and nominate 20 other blogs. Let’s just say I’m a woman who is well aware of the restrictions on her time resources!
Since I was nominated twice and both these bloggers had really fun and interesting questions, I’ve answered all 21 of them…enjoy!
My Questions to Answer:
- What is your favorite book? Trying to choose my favorite book would be an awful lot like trying to choose my favorite child! Some of my ever-favorites are: Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder, A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving, I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb, The 13th Valley & Carry Me Home by John Del Vecchio.
- What is something not many people know about you? I can’t think of much that people who know me don’t know about me…maybe that I wanted to be a dancer when I was a kid. The blog world probably doesn’t know that I was in the US Army Reserves. It’s empowering to be a female and be able to say you learned how to shoot on an M-16 assault rifle!
- If you could change anything about yourself, would you? What would it be? Maybe a couple of minor cosmetic things (the women in my family have weak chins that start to waddle the older we get), but for the most part, no. I’ve worked really hard to get where I am and most days, I like me.
- Coffee or tea? Tea, all the way…without a doubt. Coffee and beer are the two things I never learned to like in college, although God knows I tried!
- What are you afraid of? Heights and never finding lasting love.
- What is your dream job? One that pays me a lot to do whatever I want, or nothing at all?
- What did you have for lunch? Thai with colleagues at a great local place. I always order Pad Thai with a spicy level of ZERO!
- What is your favorite childhood memory? Camping trips with my extended family.
- How long has it been since you checked social media? Not long enough…I’m tethered…it’s a problem
- What time of day do you work best? Late at night…
- Why do you blog? To express, to learn, to grow.
- How do you make time to blog? For now, I’m really enjoying it, so it’s something I want to do when I have the time, and don’t have to make time, per se. I also don’t hold myself to a rigid schedule or post quota.
- Do you have a blogging schedule or write when the mood takes you? I definitely don’t have a schedule (see #12)
- Were your schooldays the best days of your life? Oh hell no. My best days are yet to come!
- If your house was on fire, what is the possession you’d grab as you ran out of the door? My kids know that if the house is ever on fire, get themselves out first and foremost…if they can save the dog, great. If anyone thinks about on the way out, they know to grab my “green box” – a small box containing every momento that matters to me. It’s got a lifetime of stuff…cards, notes, ticket stubs, Playbills, old work badges…and my dog tags and my dad’s jump wings.
- If someone offered you a seat on Richard Branson’s first space flight for fare paying passengers, would you go? I would definitely want to go, but as a mom, I probably wouldn’t take the risk.
- What city would you recommend others to visit? I love my city (Cincinnati)…I would recommend a visit to anyone – we have breathtaking architecture, amazing independent restaurants, a booming micro brewery community, and the most fabulous arts scene.
- What is your signature dish? Julia Child, I’m not…I make wicked yummy pancakes though.
- What genre of books are you most likely to choose? Memoir
- Best film from your childhood? That’s easy…Dirty Dancing. Maybe Star Wars, and I remember seeing it when it came out, but I was really young.
- How far back can you trace your family history? My maternal great-grandmother was a member of the DAR, which means I can absolutely trace my family history back at least as far as the Revolutionary War.